Tuesday 22 November 2011

5 Steps Forward, 4 Steps Back

Tuesday 22nd November
Today started with me drilling the bulkhead base holes and fixing in place with some self tapers, once this was complete I moved back to the side panels, I needed to finish folding the panel top over the chassis rail, make a couple of brackets for the nose cone and drill the holes for the front flexi brake pipes.

So I have now fitted the floor, side panels, tunnel, seat back panel and the bulkhead base, sounds quite good progress, anyway this is where the build takes 4 steps back, as out came the side panels, seat back tunnel and bulkhead base.

Front brake lines routed


I spent the remainder of the day drilling various holes and clipping in various pieces of fuel or brake pipe and trying to fathom out the loom.

For the front brake pipes I decided to work from the flexi pipes back towards the master cylinder, securing the pipes every 100mm, this proved to be pretty successful, with only a small adjustment required to allow the pipes to reach the master cylinder.
fuel and brake lines routed down the tunnel, loom sprawled across drivers floor





For the rear brake pipes I decided to work from the master cylinder towards the back of the vehicle approaching the tricky bend into the tunnel before running down the inside of the passenger side of the tunnel, again securing the brake pipes every 100mm.

As I am fitting a zetec engine I am running the fuel feed and return lines down the drivers side of the tunnel, again securing every 100mm.

I have decided to run the loom down the passenger side of the tunnel along with the brake line, but before I can clip the loom in place I need to drill and 50mm hole in the tunnel top so feed the loom through, the fuse box will be fitted on the rear of the bulkhead (under the dash) where it is safest from the elements.




No comments:

Post a Comment