Friday 30 August 2013

It's Home...And has an engine.


Friday 26th July

The car is now at my house, hopefully it will progress a little more.

Saturday 11th August

The fuel tank has been fully plumbed in, with the feed and return connected up and a rollover valve fitted. The bellhousing requires some trimming to provide clearance between the chassis once mounted in the car, this has been trimmed, bolted to the gearbox, the clutch fork fitted and along with a new release bearing.
I have also fixed the new lowline sump in place of the old 2-piece sump.
New Sump fitted
Engine in
Monday 26th August

I have managed to bolt the engine and gearbox to one another so it is now ready to drop into the car for fitting.
For lowering and manoeuvring the engine and gearbox into the chassis I enlisted some help from my other half and my dad, which was a good job to help ensure clearance on all sides, the process didn’t take too long and after a bit persuasion and adjustment it was all ready for the engine mounts, I placed the mounts on some blocks of wood and drilled down through the chassis, once the holes were drilled I replaced the wood with the rubber mounts and added some loctite to the engine block mounts and ensured the gearbox was fully bolted down.

I have a choice of what to start on next…the time consuming wiring…the alternator  (inc brackets)…the radiator…. I do know my first task is going to be plumbing in the fuel filter and engine fuel rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment